CONCRETESOCK® TYPE ‘A’ - FULL CHUTE A very common design in both minimix and full size drum classes, oval in shape with small protruding handle just below centre to the left as you look at it which locks the chute once unfolded. Please pay special attention to the location of all handles on the chute, as these along with the overall dimensions are critical to the Concretesock™ you will order. If your order for a Concretesock Type A and it does not fit your chute, we do not offer refunds. The onus is on the customer accurately measuring the chute, noting the location of the handles to ensure that your order will fit your chute. Type A 680mm Vertical by 490mm. Handle located on the lower left portion of the chute toward the front edge. Please Note: The dimensions above are all outer edge of the metal work on the chute.
Concretesock Type A - Full Chute Design
Please pay special attention to the location of all handles on the chute, as these along with the overall dimensions are critical to the Concretesock™ you will order.
If your order for a Concretesock Type A and it does not fit your chute, we do not offer refunds. The onus is on the customer accurately measuring the chute, noting the location of the handles to ensure that your order will fit your chute.
Type A 680mm Vertical by 490mm. Handle located on the lower left portion of the chute toward the front edge.
Please Note: The dimensions above are all outer edge of the metal work on the chute
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for the concretesock®
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they contain important information about your rights and obligations.
1.1 Please read these terms and conditions carefully. In particular, we draw your attention to the Section 3 “Liability”.
1.2 By purchasing a Concretesock® from Concrete Sock Limited (hereafter “CSL”), whether through our website or otherwise, or by accepting a complimentary Concretesock® from CSL, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions.
1.3 We reserve the right to vary our terms and conditions from time to time.
2. The Concretesock®
2.1 The Concretesock® is a cover designed for a concrete chute.
2.2 The Concretesock® is extensive protected by various forms of intellectual property including patent, design and trademark rights throughout the world. It is the policy of Concrete Sock Limited to rigorously enforce its intellectual property rights against would‐be infringers.
2.1 CSL accepts no liability for loss or damage howsoever caused where the Concretesock® is used for other than a cover for a concrete chute.
2.2 Most models of the Concretesock® are designed for the elbow of an articulated concrete chute. CSL accepts no liability for loss or damage howsoever caused where a Concretesock model designed for the elbow of an articulated concrete chute is used with another part of a concrete chute.
2.3 All models of the Concretesock® are designed for specific chute designs and CSL offers a custom design service for other chutes . CSL accepts no liability for loss or damage howsoever caused where a Concretesock model designed for one chute is used with another chute for which the Concretesock® is not designed.
2.4 CSL accepts no liability for loss or damage howsoever caused where a Concretesock is not used or maintained in accordance with our extensive instructions and guidelines for use and maintenance, as detailed in section 4 “Use” below, in other CSL documentation communicated to you and on our website (including in our instructional videos).
2.5 CSL accepts no liability for loss or damage attributable to failure of a Concretesock® through wear and tear.
2.5 Save in respect of death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, CSL accept no liability for any indirect or consequential loss (including loss of profit) howsoever caused. CSL’s liability for direct loss shall be capped to the amount paid by you for the Concretesock®.
2.6 The limitations set forth above do not affect your non-excludable statutory rights and only apply to the extent permitted by law.
4.1 The Concretesock® should be used and maintained in accordance with the following instructions:
1. Remove the Concretesock® prior to loading so that any materials or liquid which spill in to the chute during loading can escape and do not accumulate in the chute behind the Concretesock®.
2. If any material spills in to the chute during loading, brush and / or wash out the chute prior to fitting the Concretesock®.
Fitting the Concretesock®
3. Importantly, always fit the Concretesock® in accordance with our instructions and guidelines, including those specified in this document and on our website. As a rule of thumb, if fitted properly, one should not be able to remove the Concretesock® by hand without operating the cam-buckle.
4. Always ensure that the safety cable is tethered to the vehicle prior to transit.
5. Always ensure the top section of the chute is locked and firmly secured in place prior to transit. Where possible, use the 'butterfly' to lock the top section of the chute in place.
6. Always be aware of the potential for material or liquid to accumulated behind the Concretesock® during transit.
7. In particular, although the Concretesock® is not intended to prevent the wholesale spillage of material or liquid from a full or partially loaded drum, where such spillage occurs, the Concretesock® may nevertheless retain the spillage in the chute.
8. Spillage in the chute may be discerned from a bulge in the Concretesock® and / or a check of the inside of the chute.
9. Do not stand directly in front of the chute when removing the Concretesock®.
10. If wash out facilities are available at the delivery site, then wash out the chute, hopper and butterfly prior to fitting the Concretesock®.
11. If no wash out facilities are available at the delivery site, then clear the chute, hopper and butterfly of excess material prior to fitting the Concretesock®. Thereafter, the chute, hopper and butterfly should be washed out as soon as possible, e.g. upon return to a batching plant with a central wash out area.
12. Many materials to which the Concretesock® will come in to contact will be either abrasive and / or corrosive. Therefore, in order to prolong the life of the Concretesock®, one must thoroughly clean and remove all residual material from the Concretesock® as soon as possible after each use, paying particular attention to the inner seams. Where possible, the Concretesock® should be allowed to dry after cleaning.
13. Importantly, always inspect the Concretesock® for signs of wear and tear prior to use. The Concretesock® should not be used if there is any sign of wear and tear which might affect the its integrity and, in particular, in respect of the stitching at the seams and on the belt loops.
14. Keep the cam buckle lubricated.
15. When not in use, store in a secure location (e.g. locked in the cab).
16. Do not share your Concretesock® with others. The Concretesock® is custom fitted to individual chutes.
5. Delivery and Returns
5.1 For models of Concretesock® for which CSL maintain stock, CSL will deliver them within 7 days of either:
5.2 For models of Concretesock® for which CSL does not maintain stock or for custom designed Concretesocks®, CSL will endeavour to deliver them within 28 days of an order placed in accordance with clause 5.1 above. If CSL do not deliver within 28 days and unless agreed to the contrary, you shall have the right to repudiate an order and receive a refund in full.
5.3 In the absence of CSL confirming before an order is made that a particular model of Concretesock is in stock, clause 5.2 shall apply.
5.4 Save as otherwise provided for in this section, CSL offer no refunds.
5.5 If within 7 days of receiving a Concretesock, you report to us that the Concretesock is in a substantive way defective and return it to us unused, CSL will issue a full refund and reimburse you for any postage costs incurred.
5.6 If within 7 days of receiving a standard model of Concretesock, you report to us that the Concretesock is in not the correct model for your chute and return it to us unused, CSL will provide you with an alternate standard model Concretesock® as may fit your chute. CSL reserve the right to levy a £50 administrative charge for this service.
5.7 CSL reserve the right to refuse any order placed and paid for on our website. In such circumstances, CSL will provide a full refund.
5.8 If you have any concerns about the Concretesock® or the service you receive from CSL, you are encouraged to report your concerns to us whereupon a Director of CSL will investigate your concern and endeavour to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction.
6. Your Information
6.1 Subject to clause 6.2, any information acquired either by us or third parties on our behalf from time to time including during the process of ordering is kept by CSL in the strictest confidence and not published or disclosed to other third parties without consent.
6.2 You authorise us to provide to our partners only that information that is necessary for us to fulfil our obligations to you. By way of example, this would include your contact details for the purposes of having our logistics partner dispatch goods to you.
6.3 Payment made to us through our website is made via a secure, external intermediary. As such, we do not collect, use or retain any corresponding financial information (e.g. credit card details) ourselves.
7. Applicable Law
7.1 Any invitation to treat with CSL or any contractual obligation with CSL shall be treated in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and any disputes in relation thereto resolved in accordance with the procedures laid down by the same.
8.1 All notices shall be given to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to our registered address.